Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 18 of Summer Staycation

ICAD 17/61 Map of Venice and keep sakes from trip

ICAD 18/61 Miss Lucy loves Polka Dots

ICAD 16/61 Using stickers - 


Hello Dear Reader,

The three photos above represent ICAD efforts for this week.  Today is day 18 of my staycation.  I was thinking about  my idea of having a stay at home art retreat and what that looks like.  Let me give you a glimpse of today.

I am in the process of purging as I try to simplify my life.  I tell you it is just amazing the amount of things once can collect overtime.  I want to create and altar and a sacred space but I felt that I could not do it until I removed some of the clutter physically and spiritually.  It feels so good to release.

Then I worked on ICAD for today (will post it on Saturday).  I decided to post the three cards from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  They were so much fun.  At 6 pm I watched a U-stream live presentation of painting backgrounds that was really great.  

Read a post on Facebook about a speech my friend Katie Kendrick delivered in 2012 in Seattle. It was like sitting in the class with her in Los Gatos at An Artful Journey.   I remember how I felt as we prepared each day to paint, calling on the spirit to guide me as I made marks on the substrate and open me up to let my essence flow on the canvas.  Wow it was so deep and in the end, the resulting paintings brought me to tears because I could not believe that the work had come from me.

Then I watched a video by Katie on collage.  I found it on Pinterest and immediately pinned it as it was a great tutorial.  

What a day, what a day.  It was truly a day of creativity,  of peace and I just love this staycation.

Please feel free to leave a comment, it is so encouraging.

until next time....pilgrim

No comments: