Monday, January 05, 2015

Welcome to the new Year



Pebeo and Resin Painting




Happy New Year


January 1, 2015

A new year is here once again.  The first day of 2015 is filled with anticipation and wonder about what the year will bring.  This year I am going to have a different approach.  I am not going to wonder about what this year will bring.  Instead I am going to try to enjoy one day at a time.  Really pay attention to the day at hand.  So what happened on the first day?  I went to Mass and learned that January 1st is Pray for World Peace day.  This day was instituted 48 years ago by Pope Paul IV.  I never knew this before today.  As a result my thought and prayer for the day was "Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."  This lyric from a song we sing in church and I have always liked it.

Also worked on the cover for my Document Life Journal.  It is still in progress.  So fun.

January 2nd

So far I have won the internal conversation of spending when I do not need to.  Oh I had great plans of going to Michael's and Joann's and buying art supplies.  When all of a sudden something inside me said "hold on buck-a-too, why would you go and buy one more thing?  You have all you need." So the battle began.  But they may have something really cool on sale versus you do not need anything.  Today, you do not need anything won.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.  Remember I am taking it one day at a time.

One more thing for today.....this year I will not anguish over posting my art and getting comments.  This year, my art is for me and it will be fun.  I have a lot to learn and each day WILL be a new lesson.  If I find myself falling in to the trap of need for approval, I will stop posting - did you hear that Glenda?  Chill.

January 3rd

Working on 1st week of Lifebook, doing the warm-up page.  I am not a fast artist.  I like to let things dry and then look to see where I want to go next.  I am using a combination of follow and risk it.  These terms were introduced to me by Effy Wild.  Follow is following along with the teacher trying to cover all of the details.  Risk it is turning off the video and working on your own.  I have my basics done and now I will work on my own and see where it takes me.

I have a lot of projects lined up for January.  It is my purge and clean month.  I have more than enough room in my condo, I just need to get rid of some things.  But instead of thinking about all that I have to do, I am just going to try and do at least one thing everyday.  Manageable bites, if it takes until the end of February, who cares....I love alone so there is no one to please but me.

I also need to start knitting more, love making scarves and I have finally given most of them away so I need a new supply.  Night time watching project.

This has been a great week.  Tomorrow is Epiphany and the end of the 12 days of Christmas, so down  comes the Christmas tree - boo hoo.


2 comments:

Jackie PN said...

What a great post Glenda! i love your new year attitude- I believe there are good lessons in there for many of us!!
I applaud the winner of the battle- I am not sure who would have won out with me, but seeing your strength- well, I am inspired!
And the piece of art you at the beginning is most gorgeous!! perhaps sometime you could post some steps on how you created and achieved those results?
Here's to great beginnings- one day ,one step, at a time! hugs

Pilgrim said...

Jackie, thanks for your comments. There are so many lessons to learn no matter how old you are and turning 65 in November has really had an affect on me for the better.